ON-CALL Administrative Asst
Position and Responsibilities:
- On call to provide administrative support coverage on an as-needed basis when departments or employees need additional assistance or administrative coverage for their secretary.
- Independently provides administrative/secretarial support to various departments and projects in the Frederick Office.
- Utilizes a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, professionalism, accuracy and knowledge of protocol.
- Receives and screens phone calls and visitors and directs them to the appropriate parties and follows up to ensure action.
- Composes and distributes complex correspondence using Client standard word processing systems.
- May be asked to research, coordinate and compile progress summary report information.
- Review for grammar and spelling accuracy all outgoing documents that require the manager's signature.
- Coordinates requests from clients, manager, and in-house staff.
- Determines action on important or emergency matters or knows whom to contact in absence of manager, maintaining files for the admin assistant's attention upon return.
- Collects, reviews, and distributes incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Independently handles mail not requiring the manager's attention. - Coordinates complex travel arrangements, to include details of business plans. Prepares itineraries and expense reports. - Coordinates meetings, arranging for facilities, equipment, and catering. Prepares and distribute meeting notices, agendas, information packets, and meeting minutes.
- Maintains a hard copy or electronic calendar for responsible manager. - Develops and guides the implementation of office procedures and of filing and record-keeping systems.
- Performs other administrative assignments as required using applicable automation systems/software.
- Minimum of 5 years current experience in the administrative field
- 3-5 years experience planning and coordinating meetings/events
- 3 years experience coordinating travel plans
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible and available to work overtime on an as-needed basis sometimes with little to no notice
- Right to work and remain in the United States