Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)
Do you need a part-time job working with a Great Team?
Norandex Building Material Distribution is one of the largest wholesale distributors of exterior building products in the U.S., part of Saint-Gobain. We sell products like vinyl siding, windows, doors and roofing to remodeling contractors and new home builders at over 100 branches nationwide. We are looking for hard working people to join our team and be part of something great!
We have an outstanding career opportunity at our Norfolk VA location for a Part-Time Customer Service Representative with at least 3 years customer service experience preferably in the building products industry or in a distribution business. The hours will be from 12:00 PM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday
You will be a key player on the team – from managing customers and scheduling orders to developing fabulous relationships with our customers. We will make sure you are properly trained to handle these position responsibilities, including:
- Inside sales
- Ensuring timely deliveries and processing orders properly
- Maintaining customer order information in our computer system
- Providing friendly customers service
- Offering enthusiastic sales guidance to customers
- Working in the warehouse as needed to meet customer demands
The Part-time Customer Service Representative aids in providing total customer satisfaction by the selling and promoting Norandexs products and services to existing and new customers. This position reports to the Branch operations Manager and is responsible for providing service to existing customer accounts, establishing, developing and servicing new customer accounts, resolving customer complains, billing issues, questions and concerns, and ensuring customer orders are complete and accurate.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Code and enter quotes and orders on a computer terminal.
- Enter customer remittance on a computer terminal.
- Maintain all stock transactions on a computer terminal.
- Enter stock material orders on a computer terminal.
- Code and otherwise prepare customer invoices.
- Verify and attach special order acknowledgement and receivers to customer orders.
- Sell Company product lines to walk in customers.
- Seek to establish new customers through telephone and written solicitation.
- Explain products features, assembly, application, installation, and pricing.
- Maintain the branch product display and literature area.
- Assist in taking physical inventory
- Attend all Safety Meetings and comply with all safety policy and procedures
- As needed assist in the warehouse
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.