Art Instructor - Adjunct
job 5 of 48
ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country. Looking for an opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future direction and growth of a public company in one of the fastest growing industries? Have a passion for changing people's lives through education? The Fine Arts Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
- Develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
- Assists student in Achieving completion of objectives.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance and behaviors.
- Motivates student to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with company policies.
- Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards.
- Participates in department curriculum meetings.
- Must have a doctorate or a master's degree and earned 18 graduate semester (or equivalent) credit hours in fine arts.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Minimum of three (3) years applicable experience classroom teaching is required.
- Teaching experience in post-secondary education at an accredited institution is preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, customer services, presentation and communications skills required.
- Creative, innovative and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Evening hours may be required.
job 5 of 48