Customer Service Representative - Harlingen, TX
- Respond to complex customer calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Physician assignments
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Provide excellent customer service
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- 1 year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1 year of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Available to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.