RN - Home Healthcare
Administers skilled nursing care to patients requiring intermittent professional nursing service and teaches and/or supervises the family and other members of the nursing team. These services are performed in accordance with the physicians orders and under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Obtains medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition, from the patient and/or family member.
- Conducts a brief physical examination of the patient, including vital signs, ambulatory status, mental status, bowel and urinary regularity, appetite and type of diet.
- Evaluates the patient, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required.
- Evaluates the patients condition to determine what assistance will be available from family members caring for the patient.
- Evaluates the patients condition and home situation, determine if the services of a LPN, Home Health Aide, Personal Care Attendant will be required and the frequency of this situation.
- Interprets nursing and other services of the agency to patients and families as part of planning of care.
- Develops and implements the nursing care plans.
- Provides skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Nursing services, treatments, and preventative procedures requiring substantial specialized skill and ordered by a physician.
- Initiating preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patients care and safety.
- Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patients physical or emotional conditions.
- Teaching, supervising and counseling the patient and family members regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Coordinates and supervises the care given by the LPN, Home Health Aide and/or Personal Care Attendant assigned to provide care to the patient.
- Charts those services the Visiting Nurse
- Consults with the attending physician concerning alterations of the plan of treatment under direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Submits all patient notes and/or visit records on a timely basis.
- Obtains orders for paramedical services and submits referral to the Director of Clinical Services, i.e., physical therapy, medical social services, etc.
- Coordinates total patient care.
- Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuation of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences.
- Attends on-the-job and in-service training.
Nightingale is seeking full-time registered nurses to cover the Lafayette, IN territory includingTippecanoe, Montgomery, Boone and Clinton Counties.
If your qualifications meet our job requirements, please email your resume to Amanda Hoyle @ or fax it to Human Resources at 866-878-0094.