Health Coach/Exercise Physiologist - Part Time
Job Title: Exercise Physiologist and Health Coach
Reports to: Health Coach Team Leader
- To provide exercise education to employees based on their need, interest and education level.
- To understand the work environment of the employer group in order to provide comprehensive health management.
- To assist the Clients employees in achieving and maintaining the highest level of individual wellness in order to lower health care costs and create an overall healthy work environment.
Summary: Exercise Physiologists should complete training of higher education in order to complete requirements to obtain ACSM certified clinical exercise specialist. Demonstrate independent judgment in making patient care decisions based on field of expertise. Create dialogue environment between patient, healthcare provider, clinic staff and wellness team that affords the best possible compliance for the patients plan of care. Must have the capability to create and review patient education materials based on evidenced based outcomes.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for review of Health Risk Assessment results, lab results, and electronic medical record prior to discussing with patient to assess level of risk.
2. Responsible for contacting by email or phone each patient who is willing to work one on one with exercise physiologist on health management. Exercise physiologist will contact patients who are referred by clinic provider, registered nurse, registered dietitian or patients who contact exercise physiologist directly to begin working together.
3. Responsible for documenting thoroughly in Case Management database each encounter with patient and exercise physiologist.
4. Responsible for following the plan of care established with patients primary care provider or CareHere provider. Exercise physiologist will set goals and action steps according to patients willingness for change.
5. Responsible for assessing need for patient referral to registered nurse, dietitian, social worker, or smoking cessation facilitator.
6. Responsible for facilitating presentations to employer groups on various topics related to health and wellness.
7. Responsible for working with members of wellness team to develop educational materials and protocols based on patient/employer need.
8. Responsible for staying up to date on Continuing Education, and ACSM Certification.