Part-time Nurse Practitioner
PT Nurse Practitioner
2490 Giles Road
Baltimore, MD 21225
Glass Health Programs is dedicated to helping individuals with their recovery from addiction with dignity and respect. Our goal is to assist our clients in achieving a healthier lifestyle free from illicit drug use. Our outpatient clinics provide Medication Assisted Treatment, through Methadone or Buprenorphine, to individuals struggling with opioid addiction. Glass Health Programs offer the following treatment services:
- Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Counseling (OP)
- DWI Program
Hours of Operation:
M-F: 5:30 am – 1:00 pm
Must be available to work approximately 20 hours per week during the hours of operation.
The PT Nurse Practitioner will conduct initial assessments of the bio-psychosocial functioning status of the chemically dependent client at time of admission (intake) to determine the need for care, type of care provided, and further assessment
- Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program.
- Current approval by the joint Board of Medical Examiner and Board of Nursing to perform medical acts.
- Must be currently license as a registered nurse in the state of employment/practice.
- Current certificate of basic life support form the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- At least one year experience within the last 3 years as a Nurse Practitioner in a related primary care/ambulatory care setting.
- Excellent customer service demeanor
- Knowledge of chemical dependence
- Ability to assess clients physical/emotional condition in a short period of time
- Accuracy of record keeping, i.e. maintaining client charts and narcotic inventory
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with physicians and staff
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Glass Health Programs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.