Maintenance - Grounds
Under general direction and supervision, accountable for minor rental home maintenance repairs and the daily maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds and facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Provides excellent customer service in the community.
- Ensures lawn is manicured appropriately. Will regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Inspects irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for removing snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas that Sun is responsible for maintaining and properly placed. This may include using a truck with a plow, spreading salt, snow blowing and/or shoveling
- Inspects playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure everything is in good condition, making minor repairs as appropriate.
- Picks up trash/debris from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empties common area trash containers as needed.
- Ensures all community streets and public access routes are free of hazards and in safe condition (i.e., streets are plowed and salted in winter, road repairs, etc.). Provides appropriate recommendations to Community Manager concerning major repairs.
- Completes routine maintenance and minor emergency electrical repairs, plumbing, sewage, construction, and street repair.
- Completes minor repairs to rental homes as needed.
- Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a well-water system, sewer system, or on-site water meters if applicable. This may include reading, repairing and installing water meters.
- Maintains community pool(s), testing chemical levels, adjusting appropriately.
- Cleans building facilities such as clubhouse, community offices, restrooms, laundry areas and maintenance garage.
- Safely operates vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties, moving from site to site, and picking up supplies.
- Maintains community vehicles and equipment.
- Follows safety procedures while performing duties.
- Reports all community maintenance issues and concerns that they may identify while performing their daily duties directly to Community Manager/District Manager/Community Maintenance Manager.
- Assists with the proper spotting of homes upon move-in and move out.
- Completes checklists of physical condition of community or sites prior to and after resident occupancy.
- Assists Community Manager/District Manager with supervision of service contractors
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Required
- A High School Diploma/GED. Demonstrates knowledge of and has broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work. Must be able to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions requires constant outdoor work. Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various power equipment
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Good organizational skills
- Hard-working and willingness to take direction and carry-out tasks
- Ability to work well with the public
- Ability to use computers including the internet and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have flexibility to respond to community needs during non-business hours.