Resident Care Associate
Resident Care Associate
Covenant Village of Colorado (Westminster, Colorado), part of a nation wide family of CARF-CCAC accredited CCRC's: Covenant Retirement Communities, 5th largest AAHSA Ziegler Top 100, is seeking a Resident Care Associate. This position is responsible to provide assistance to residents according to the standards and procedures established State and Federal regulations for Assisted Living.
- This position reports directly to the assisted living coordinator, and may take direction from the activities, dietary, or housekeeping supervisors when assisting in those areas.
- This position gives assistance to residents in the areas of activities, dining, light housekeeping and routine activities of daily living. In performance of duties the resident care associate assists with admission process and orientation of new residents. Assists residents with daily activities. This includes, but is not limited to assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Reminds residents of scheduled activities, social events, meals, appointments, etc., when necessary.
- Assists with medication supervision and/or administration, after completion of medication administration training class.
- Responds to calls/pages from residents. Makes rounds and checks on safety and security of residents.
- Assists with laundry, bed making, light housekeeping, and maintains residents rooms in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assists the dietary staff with serving meals in the dining room, ensuring residents attendance and observing residents intake and safety while eating.
- Serves supplemental nourishment and snacks as needed.
- Takes vital signs and weights as directed.
- Reports and documents as directed.
- Documents changes in condition and occurrences in resident charts.
- Initiates and updates care plans as needed.
- Ensures the safety and security of patients through the proper use of equipment, safety devices.
- Keeps informed of fire, safety and disaster procedures.
- Attends in-service programs and seminars to further professional growth.
Benefits may include medical, dental and vision insurance; employer paid group term life and disability; various voluntary benefits including critical illness (cancer rider available), accident and long term care insurance; employer paid pension, 403(b) tax-deferred savings, flexible spending accounts, education benefits; and paid-time-off.