Information Security Systems Instructor - Adjunct
job 9 of 45
ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 120 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country. Looking for an opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future direction and growth of a public company in one of the fastest growing industries? Have a passion for changing people's lives through education? The Information Security Systems Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards.
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
- Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures if applicable.
- Performs duties in the Learning Resource Center as assigned.
- When possible, participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional
- Minimum 3 years applicable experience in networking and internetworking, information/network security including, but not limited to, TCP/IP, firewalls, intrusion detection, security policies, access control, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity, cyber security and forensics, etc., in
- Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix environments, and 18 semester hours in the subject matter area is required.
- Master's degree required. Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
- Experience in organizing and writing reports and presentations of a technical nature.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the Internet, and management system software. .
- Proven track record of project completions, multi-tasking, and the ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Past history of developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with others and maintaining them overtime.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
job 9 of 45