Senior IT Business Analyst
job 9 of 345
The US Administration and Finance IT (USAF IT) team provides business and technology support for various applications for the John Hancock administrative areas, as well as providing support and services for certain shared applications used across John Hancock.
We are seeking a Business Analyst who will lead the analysis of system applications to identify and document complex business and technical requirements to solve customer business needs in a cost effective manner. You will be building relationships with key business and IT partners, working in tandem to define and implement solutions that drive our competitive advantage. You will work on a variety of business and technical support projects ranging from moderate to large scope and complexity through all phases of requirements definition, development, testing and implementation. You will liaise with the project manager, technology partners, and project stakeholders across the organization to ensure the delivery of quality products within the expected timeframe and budgets.
- Liaise between business and systems areas to investigate and/or develop solutions to complex business/systems issues.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and the ability to interface with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Manage the business requirements and project life cycle that supports the technology strategy and direction for USAF IT supported Business Units.
- Ability to work with business partners and architects to develop Service Oriented Solutions.
- Collaborate with internal technical leads on the best architectural design.
- Build successful relationships with key business and IT partners.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- 7 years progressive business analysis experience supporting medium to large size IT projects. College degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a global environment including off-shored resources.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Iterative Development Methodologies, Agile is a plus.
- Ability to understand technical systems documentation and interact with systems resources. As well as the ability to solicit and write requirements for system enhancements.
- Experience with a variety of requirements documentation approaches, including: Functional Specs, Use Cases and Business Process Modeling.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Strong customer service orientation toward both internal and external customers is required.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities while working both independently as well as a team member.
About John Hancock:
At John Hancock you will find a wealth of opportunity both professionally and personally. Whether you take advantage of our continuous training and development offerings or participate in community events, you will have the opportunity to grow. We offer careers from Investments to IT, Finance to Marketing, Sales to Legal, and Actuarial to Human Resources, to name a few.
John Hancock is a subsidiary of Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial services group serving millions of customers principally in Asia, Canada and the US, but have other operations in as many as 21 countries around the globe. The Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Each product and service employees its own team to support the sales, marketing, customer service, analysis, and senior management responsibilities.
For more information about our benefits and organization please visit www.johnhancock.com./careers
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
job 9 of 345