IT Project Manager - Community and State Implementations
Positions in this function are involved in the definition, management, and implementation of significant technology focused projects. Focuses on IT projects, not for use as project management in non-IT roles. Positions are business specialists and technology generalists that manage, direct and interface with business clients. Align technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with senior management. Proactively identify opportunities, conduct analyses, needs assessments, cost/benefit assessments and broker other IS services. Includes those involved in release management.
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectivesDirect cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Predict emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Develop and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Have segment-wide impact Predicts emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- Develops and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- May have segment-wide impact
- Mini Tab experience not required (see Job Qualifications section)
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in a large enterprise environment (Fortune 200)
- Minimum of 7 years technical experience in one or more aspects of Information Systems Development or Business / Information Systems areas
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management
- Business Analysis project management
- Budget tracking and complex cost benefit analysis
- Very strong understanding of distributed technologies architecture
- C-level interface and presentation skills
- Healthcare insurance background is a strong plus
- PMP Certification
- Exposure to multiple PM methodologies
- Process implementation re-engineering
- Proficiency in computer software such as Project, Power Point, Excel and Mini Tab
- Big 4 or Professional Services experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.